DIY: Crayon Melting Art


Expectation


So super excited I need to share this immediately. I just finished this artwork moments ago. And here it is, up on the Internet.

Obviously mine don't look as pretty as above. (sadly).
But still, tumblrish I don't care.


But it's very easy to do on your own. Here's how.


You will need:
1. Canvas
2. Crayons
3. Hair dryer
4. newspaper

Refer to the video to see how to go above doing this.




Please cover your floor/wall with newspapers. It will splatter. all over the place. And spread the heat. The crayons will break if you don't (happened to mine)


Mine don't turn out very pretty probably due to 2 reasons:

Old crayons

1. I used leftover crayons because I don't want to waste it. Not sure if it is the same for all but the colour and the "oil" separates when you heat it. So there's like patches of oil or what around (refer to pic below).



2. I used drawing blocks instead of canvas. Trying to utilise everything I have. So drawing block. ^^
It is softer than canvas so I've to stick it to a cardboard. Painted the edges black and wrapped it with cling wrap. I know, CLING WRAP?!

Can't find clear wrapping sheets so cling wrap.



The first one



The oil is the wet portion


Btw, if you're wondering, I reused the crayons for the 4 art pieces.

The smell is a tad horrible so it is best to do it in a well-ventilated area.


End product


Definitely far from perfect but I would give myself a big pat on my shoulder. After all, this is the first art piece I did after donkey years.
Now I can't wait to do something else. So exciting! ^^

0 Comments