Sponsored Review: The Balm Nude Dude Eyeshadows Palette(Vol 2)



 The Balm Nude Dude Eyeshadow Palette (Ver 2)

What: Eyeshadows
Colors available: 12, 6 light shadows and 6 dark shadows
Suitable for: Day to Night look
Price: $71.90
Where to buy: Selected Sasa outlets





Close-up




Swatches


The Balm Nude Dude Swatch (Light shadows)

The Balm Nude Dude Swatch (Dark shadows)



Packaging


Packaged in a sleek, thick cardboard with magnetic closure. Really like how it looks; I just have a thing for make up in cardboard packaging. It is generally quite sturdy but can bend if it is impacted.




Stars: 





Pigmentation




I would say the colour payoff is there, regardless of dark or light eyeshadows. You can refer to the swatches above, they don't disappoint.




Stars: 





Brush




Dual brush with liner brush on one side and an angled brush on the other. Both brushes are synthetic (If I'm not wrong, I am not so good with brushes you see). The liner bush is good if you want to line your eyes or smudge out any eyeliner. The other angled brush is a little small and quite hard to use. 

PS, I prefer using my fingers (or sponge-tip applicators) as the colors will be more vibrant that way. 




Stars: 





Color selection/quality


6 colors great for the day, 6 are good for night time. There are 4 matte shadows in the palette.

3 of the colors (namely Faithful, Firm and Fit) look quite similar. Faithful is the one I reach for in the day while Fit is the one I will choose for a night look. 

Fearless is too white for my skin thus I barely use this. It can work as a highlighter for my inner corners though, will see how. 

All of the shadows are finely milled and very smooth. However, Fierce and Friendly can be a little chalky at times so I have to blend a bit more when that happens. 




Stars: ★.5☆ (3.5/5)







The Verdict:

This is a very versatile palette; it works well for both day and night. The shadows last quite a long time, especially when layered on top of a primer. The quality is there but some colours can appear powdery if not handled properly. Now the question is 'is this palette still worth buying?' I would say yes. I really appreciate the matte shadows in The Balm palette, it is so difficult to find quality and affordable matte shadows. On top of that, you can use your fingers instead of brush, so easy.


Rating: 8/10



They are going at a 20% intro price! Don't miss it!


Product is gifted by SasaSG but all opinions are my own.

0 Comments