[Sponsored Review]: Kao Essential Night Care Milk and CC oil


jjoyis x kao essential review sg blogger


Hi I am back with yet another (two) Essential new products. Are you excited too?
I've wrote so much for them; here's some if you are new around here!

Essential sleeping hair mask + Day serum
Essential volumising series




The sleeping hair mask is one of my favourite hair care products and my sister approves of it as well. Thank you Essential and Samplestore for sending this over for me to try. :)


P/S, just wanna say sorry first because this batch's of photos turned out a bit more blur than usual! My camera is failing me? And blogger scale down the quality of my photos (anyone knows how to solve this?) so it is erm bad.





Essential Night Care Milk Leave-on Treatment review

Essential Night Care Milk Leave-on Treatment

What: Sleeping hair mask/Hair leave-on treatment
Consistency: Cream
Scent: Floral 
Size: 100 mL
Made in: Japan (if I am not wrong)
Price: $11.90
Where to get: Major departmental stores, supermarts, Watsons, Guardian



Promises:

1. Protect from pillow damage
2. Repair and moisturise
3. Cuticle Coat Protection, leaving hair smooth and manageable the next morning 






Ingredients:

essential night care milk ingredients singapore







How I use it:

1. Use on towel-dried or damp hair, or before blow-drying (I prefer to use on damp hair)
2. Pump an appropriate amount onto palm, 3 pumps for me.
3. Spread and apply evenly onto hair, concentrating on mid-length to tip of hair
4. Wait for it to dry completely before sleeping!








Packaging



The new sleeping hair mask is now called 'Night Care Milk'. Pump dispenser makes it easy to use but there can be some wastage at the end. Fret not, just store the bottle upside down when the time comes and pour it out when needed. The new packaging is bigger than the previous one.




Stars: ★★★.5☆ (4.5/5)





Scent

Essential products always smell good. The smell lingers longer than other Essential products on me, not sure why.




Stars: ★★





Consistency

Not a fan of cream products but this is not as bad as I thought it will be. Not greasy on hair!




Stars: ★★





On hair

Let me summarise all the points I wish to point out here.

1. It is not sticky nor oily on my hair but it leaves an oily feeling on my hands. Not a big issue as I can wash my hands after use.

2. Hair is moisturised and super soft~ I touch my hair too much after using this. This is because Essential Night Care Milk contains hair supplement oil, smilier to hair's natural oil.

3. Not a product that will give you shiny hair. Anyway, it is meant for night time use so this is not that important to me as well.




Stars: ★★★.5☆ (4.5/5)





Ingredients

Essential is not using parabens as preservatives but BHT, Phenoxylethanol... Even after researching, I am still not very sure... Is BHT a good replacement? I guess I will leave all that ingredient discussion to another post. Thus, I will keep this portion as it is until I am confident and knowledgeable enough to comment. I have included a snapshot of the ingredient list above - you can check them out if you want to.
PS, feel free to reach me if you are interested to discuss anything about cosmetic chemistry. I am all ears.




Stars: N.A





Manageable Hair

I feel that I wake up with nicer hair these days. Not sure whether it is really doing its job or its all psychological. But definitely less styling needed (though I don't really bother that much hahaha) as my hair is more manageable in the morning now.

Here, for you.


Essential milk care milk before
Before using Essential Night care milk
Recognise the leftover photo from Biore post? 



essential night care milk results manageable hair
After using Essential Night Care Milk (The next morning)

Pardon my sleepy face. It is very early that day @_@


Honestly, this is not a good comparison as my hair was messy and ugly (in before photo) because I went to bed with semi-dry hair, but well you get the drift. The latter was taken when I have the luxury to shower and dry my hair completely before zzz (and of course treated with Essential night hair milk)




Stars: ★★





The Verdict


So far I am loving what I see. If I am not wrong Essential Night Care Cream is a replacement for the previous Essential hair sleeping mask I have been talking about all the time, please correct me if I am wrong. Pillow friction arises from sleeping and this nasty thing can do a lot of damage to your hair. Been there, done that. Hence, it is very important to use something that can give sufficient protection to your hair. I have not come across any other similar product so far, do let me know if you know of any though!

And if you know me well enough, you will know I am super lazy, and clueless, when it comes to styling my hair. Most of the time I will just part my fringe according to how I feel that day, finger comb through my hair and off I go. Thus, this bottle of lazybum saver is so important to me - at least my mane looks more presentable now.


Essential included a very informative paragraph in the press release so I thought it will be nice to share with all of you.



--- Awkward snippet --- 

What is Pillow Friction?
- When you toss and turn at night, there is friction between your hair and the pillow, causing the cuticles to be misaligned
- Misaligned cuticles creates frizz, resulting in the fabulous lion’s mane the next morning
- Washing your hair will ‘reset’ the mane, which is why many women have no choice but to wash and blow dry their hair in the morning before going to work

o These women may not have the habit of bathing in the morning and is only doing so just so to fix their hair
o They would rather have more time for their beauty sleep than go through this hassle and routine of washing and blow-drying in the morning

--- End of awkward snippet --- 
but it is educational right ^^



Pros:

- Keeps hair manageable (Key point)
- Easy to use
- Great scent
- Non-sticky, non-oily on hair
- Super soft hair
- Tangle-free



Cons:

- Slightly oily on hands after use
-  Ingredients




Rating: 9.5/10
Repurchase



Next up is.....

make up for your hair.


Essential, you are doing this right ^^



Don't get me wrong, I am not talking about the hair mascaras or hair chalks etc, I am talking about the new Essential CC oil. Ok... it's not really make up for hair lol. It just sounds like CC cream (aka lighter/more natural version of BB cream). Essential named it CC oil because it is 1 product, protection against 5 stress factors - blow drying, combing, dryness, breakage and split ends.


FYI




Essential CC oil

What: Hair oil
Consistency: Light oil
Scent: Fresh floral
Size: 60 mL
Made in: Japan (if I am not wrong)
Price: $11.90
Where to get: Major departmental stores, supermarts, Watsons, Guardian



Promises:

essential hair cc oil

1. Protect hair cuticles for smooth, tangle-free hair 





Ingredients:

ingredient list kao essential CC oil
Ingredients for CC oil





How I use it:

1. Use on towel-dried or damp hair, or before blow-drying (I prefer to use on damp hair)
2. Pump an appropriate amount onto palm, 5 pumps for me.
3. Spread and apply evenly onto hair, concentrating on mid-length to tip of hair
4. Reapply if needed





Packaging

Essential CC oil comes in a clear plastic bottle with a pump dispenser. Again nothing to complain about the packaging. It is also a good size to carry around; thus it can be reapplied anytime anywhere when needed.




Stars: ★★





Scent

Fresh floral, does not linger too long nor come out too strong on me. Different people react to the same thing differently - I have friends who smell like walking Essential products.




Stars: ★★★.5☆ (4.5/5)





Consistency

More fluid and light compared to many brands out there in the market. Perhaps so, it is absorbed the moment I spread it on my hair. Thus, I find myself pumping slightly more when I am using the Essential Hair CC Oil. Just saying.




Stars: ★★★.5☆ (4.5/5)





Ingredients

As above.




Stars: N.A





On hair


1. Moisturised, soft ends. The effect is better than the night hair cream. That awesome hair supplement oil~

2. Not excellent in controlling frizz.

3. Does not make hair nor hands greasy after use.

4. Absorbed very very quickly




Stars: ★★★.5☆ (4.5/5)






The Verdict

jjoyis jielinnnx33

CC oil is very light and does not leave an oily film on my hands after use. I personally feel that it a bit too light for my hair (read use 5-6 pumps each time). Other than that, I am pretty much loving this hair oil. It is the everyday stress on le hair that leads to long term damage. Who would have thought harmless act like combing can stress your hair?

It makes my hair more moisturised and soft than the night hair cream. My hair ends are nicer too. However, the night hair cream is better at taming and managing my hair.




Pros:

- Smells decent but does not linger
- Light consistency
- Not oily nor sticky
- Healthier hair ends
- Really soft hair
- Tangle-free



Cons:

- Not fantastic at taming flyaway hair
- May need 4-5 pumps for med-long hair





Rating: 9.5/10
Repurchase




kao essential hair night care milk cc oil review singapore

Conclusion is, you need both of them together to achieve pretty, manageable hair. I don't style my hair on a day to day basis, in fact I only bother if I've something really important/CNY/date. Thus, this is really great for me as the night care milk makes sure I wake up with decent hair (read: if you want fabulous hair you still need to style ah) and the CC oil ensures my hair is in good shape throughout the day. They do not make my hair extra greasy but don't use it continuously if you don't have the habit of washing your hair daily.



Essential Facebook kao

Play Essential’s Mane Hero Facebook game and combat the 5 evil Hair Stress Brothers and Pesky Pillow King and win attractive weekly prizes!
Go to Their Facebook Page now (game starts 3rd Sept) to play!



Thanks for reading 



PS, cannot open zip files so the official photos are screenshots :x
PS/S, lost the photos I took for stress brothers! I also too stress!
PS/S/S, will update the broken links tomorrow or the day after. I have others things to settle right now~

0 Comments