Review: Garnier Micellar Oil-Infused Cleansing Water

Hi! Had this sudden urge to come back to blogging after buying some new things to try! To be honest, work and life have been taking up a large portion of my time. Anyhow, I will keep it to 2018 list of resolutions - which will be up soon!

Redid my template with the help of the experts. I would say it is about 70% done. I have zero knowledge about programming/coding and CSS is so difficult (compared to the old school HTML). Nonetheless, I am pleased with the results.


***




Garnier Micellar Oil-Infused Cleansing Water

What: Make up remover
Consistency: Cleansing water
Scent: Lemony
Size: 400 mL
Made in: China
Price: $19.90
Where to get: Major departmental stores, supermarts, Watsons, Guardian





Promises:


1. Remove waterproof makeup
2. Gentle on skin
3. Non-greasy and non-sticky





Ingredients:

Ingredients of Garnier Micellar Oil-Infused Cleansing Water







How I use it:


1. Shake well
2. Pour sufficient onto cotton pad
3. Apply onto face, eyes and lips without rubbing
4. Repeat until all make up has been removed





Packaging



Plastic body with a sturdy plastic cap. The product has a tight locking mechanism which prevents spillage. Plus point because nobody likes dealing with product spillage.



Stars: ★★ (5/5)





Scent

The smell is not exactly lemony but I have no words to describe. It reminds me of the Garnier whitening series (yellow white bottles). In fact, I believe they smell the same. Pleasant to nose.



Stars: ★★★.5 (4.5/5)





Consistency

Even when you shake and mix the two layers, it is not very 'oily' too. Having said that, don't expect this to be as refreshing as a normal cleansing water.



Stars: ★★★ (5/5)





Removing waterproof make up

Yes, it does what it is supposed to do. Take a look at this eyeliner (Super hard to remove using my usual cleansing water)


Liquid foundation, eyeliner, blusher and matte lip cream


They are probably the hardest to remove in my make up routine (except the blush), so let's put Garnier Oil-Infused Micellar Water to a test!



Lay it on
90% removed! Without rubbing!

No rubbing indeed.



Clean!


2nd round using Bifesta Cleansing water to see if there is any leftover...




As good as none. There are a tiny bit of foundation left but I'm really happy with this no-rub-one-swipe performance.



Stars: ★★ (5/5)





Non-sticky, Non-greasy

This is one thing that wow-ed me. Almost all the oil-based cleansers I have tried leave my skin oily. This oil-infused one leaves my skin soft upon drying. I still double cleanse with a usual facial wash. Note that cleansing with water after using this product will not work.



Stars: ★★★.5☆ (4.5/5)





How to use

Not a fan of how it is supposed to use because I have to cap, shake, open, pour, cap 2 to 3 times to get enough product to remove my whole face of make up. I will remove my eyes first with 1 cotton pad, foundation and stuff with the 2nd and whole face again with the 3rd piece - just in case I missed out any part.
It's tedious and I am lazy, ya.



Stars: ☆ (1/5)





The Verdict



Does what it is supposed to do and it comes in a huge bottle. Definitely a value-for-money buy. I like the fact that it is all in one; you can literally take off your waterproof eye make up and your base with this. No more shuffling between a waterproof eye and lip make up remover AND an additional make up remover.

But I still cannot get over the shake before use part... To pampered by my pumped bottles of removers and moisturisers lol.




Pros:

- Removes even waterproof make up
- All-in-one product
- Non-sticky & greasy
- Good removing power



Cons:

- Have to shake before each use




Rating: 9/10
Repurchase: Maybe

0 Comments